Everything about this day was irritating. Promptly after this I got lost getting to a Walmart I've been to because I was trying to get to it from a different direction, and instead of turning around and fixing it I thought I could go around. I went around, about an additional 5 miles. Holy balls it sucked.
I was looking at this page before I inked it (I generally live on the edge and don't look when I ink pages, I apparently do a bang up job that way) and I love the emotional balance to this page. From chibi-Jasmine to regular sized then back to chibi and my emotional change. But, while working on this page I was reminded of my dislike of drawing cars. The (2001) Elantra didn't come out too badly, it more or less looks all right, in some perspectives. Fun fact: where the ground is tan/warm grey, it's concrete! Much of Hampton Roads has concrete instead of asphalt, which is funny because they attempt to patch the concrete with asphalt all the time and it just doesn't work.
Things of Interest
I've been watching Arrested Development for the first time, yes I know, I'm really late, you can all shut up now. It's better than I thought, happy to be watching it. I recently re-read Maus and just learned of MetaMaus that's coming out on...Tuesday (I think) which is a collection of some of Speigelman's source material and a bit about what he went through creating Maus. I'm quite intrigued, I think I'll pick it up soonish. I'm happy to share that I've gotten a bunch of research done on for a pin-up and I'm excited, I have books for it and everything. I just want it to look really good, you know? I'm not sharing details about the piece though, Brian H. knows a bit and has seen a thumbnail, but he doesn't know much more then that. I have this thing where when I share a project I don't do it (Such as the musician piece from this past December, never did it, might do it but it's time is long past) so I don't want to reveal too much. I'm hoping to have it done by November, we'll see.
Warm Ups and Other Art
I wanted to draw a cold weather scene because it's freakin' cold outside. From left to right it's Davey, Jayden and Smyth. All I know is that Jayden is harassing his brother (Smyth) and Davey, which is funny because Jayden and Smyth usually have a good relationship. These are 3 of the boys from Cinema. Smyth and Davey are Alphabet's friends, Jayden is actually good friends with Alpha's older brother Delta (who hasn't been featured recently). Davey doesn't like winter, Jayden and Smyth are find with cold weather, I kind of with I'd drawn Davey in a hat too, he'd be wearing a had and earmuffs, for sure. Davey is also really close to clocking Jayden. Fun Fact! Davey is part Italian, his mother is pure Italian but was raised in America, I don't know what Davey's father was, he walked out on his wife and son when Davey was 2. Jayden and Smyth are half-Irish half-Jewish, their hair is a ruddy brown (when properly drawn in color) and their eyes are brown and not green and they was very minorly religious. Their father is the Jewish one, the mother converted to Judiasm for the wedding but still retains aspects of her Roman-Catholic upbringing.
But here, Jayden is being a dick to his brother whom he hasn't seen in a while, holding these 2 up when they're supposed to be meeting with Alpha and Sephy soon.
Other:
**NEW!!!** Commission Rates on dA**new**
100 Days on Facebook
My YouTube


Sucks that the day was so frustrating, but yay for eventually finding a place and yay for the art being great!
ReplyDeleteCute extra pic... I like their faces. It's getting chilly here too.