Wednesday, October 5, 2011
June 11, 2011
Things of Interest:
I really do hate driving out to Virginia Beach, but it's where one of the few Best Buys is, and it's a horribly small BB so it's not all that much fun to go to.
Just so you know, I'm really proud of that rain panel, and honestly, Craig Thompson's books Good-Bye Chunky Rice helped me with rendering water, and his was just in black and white. The slightly surging Hague doesn't look too horrible here.
Smart cookies will notice 4 stick figures and not three in the last panel. The fourth is Aaron/Zorro who showed up about 5 seconds before it rained. Jumping the gun on videos again just a bit, you can see some of this torrential horror in this video. I haven't fixed my old laptop so as far as I know the rest of my footage from that night when were were driving around is lost. But this shows how heavy it rained, and it came almost out of nowhere. We had about 3 drops of warning rain before this onslaught happened.
Cold. I'm tired of it. My heated blanket helps a lot.
Also, greetings new readers and everyone in general! How are you? Who are you? Other than Sara, no one says anything, I won't bite, I mean, I can't bite, not really. Unless I know you in real life then I may punch and not bite. I don't know where you've been or the last time you bathed. But that's neither here nor there, I'm hungry and want to get home to my curry. Introduce yourselves, I'm curious about you all.
Warm Ups and Other Art
This wasn't supposed to be terrifying, it was supposed to be sexy and alluring, but Richard III might not be a good candidate for putting into dresses. Hopefully soon I'll have a fantastic Alphabet in a Suit, because chicks wearing suits are hot and awesome. And I definitely don't mean a women's suit, they kind of look stupid, but a chick wearing a regular old men's suit. I mean, look at this photo set, what's not to love about chicks in suits? Hell, look at Janelle! Suspenders, Suit! And that amazing pompadour, it's a thing of beauty and envy. Chicks in suits look better than chicks in dresses, but then again, some runway dresses look like poop. (What is that thing on the left, a big ass bow? Why? Is this chick the freakin' Mad Hatter? - yes, this is a suit but god, it got attacked by a pack of rabid kindergarteners. Yegh)
Oh yeah, point, this is Richard! He's Sephy's boyfriend and generally wears turtlenecks or button ups. He's usually really quiet but apparently isn't proud to flaunt it, even if he's nightmare fuel... I didn't have anything with me tonight when I did this that I liked for lipstick. One of my earliest sketches of Richard. Drawing characters as DJs is fun, I don't know why. Here's another old one, I haven't scanned much or drawn him much recently - This also features Damien (from the laughing greyscale) Davey and Jayden (from Monday) and Suma, whom I havne't drawn in forever.
Other:
**NEW!!!** Commission Rates on dA**new**
100 Days on Facebook
My YouTube
Labels:
Best Buy,
car,
Chrysler Museum,
Dan F,
Doctor Horrible,
driving,
Glenn H,
June,
movie,
Naro,
no hat,
rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yay Dr. Horrible!
ReplyDeleteI like how you draw angry!Jasmine.
I like the last panel a lot for some reason...
The sketch is a little bit sexy/alluring... maybe it's the grin that throws it off? I dunno. Cute pic though.
Cool Drawings, I like the Driving Panel, you look PISSED!
ReplyDeleteLater (check out my Blog if you wanna, its my show on youtube)
http://irl-newz.blogspot.com/