Wednesday, October 12, 2011

June 14, 2011

I did nothing this day, because laundry took all of my time. (well, like 3 hours, but then I didn't feel like doing anything. I also probably watched more Doctor Who today). I'm really proud of the lettering on this page and the background. This is a rare time I wish I wasn't using markers but photoshop to 'color' the pages because of how streaky the page it, but I still like how it looks. Fun fact: in the original pencils the divider were a few puffy swirls not the final conglomeration of abstract thing that it became. I also really like that.

Things of Interest
Speaking of Doctor Who, ages ago I purchased it all on DVD from Amazon. Some of it was through prime, some of it wasn't. USPS was supposed to deliver it to me and they never gave me a package slip so I could have been (re)watching Doctor Who for the past two and a half weeks but no. I only knew it was here because the seller gave me a tracking number. It shipped from Kentucky to Virginia. It took all of 2 days, what the hell USPS?

Warm Ups and Other Art
I drew youtubers: WheezyWaiter and  MikeLombardoMusic

Hurrah for scraps of bristol! Each of these took about 30-45 minutes from blank bristol to finished. Craig is about 3x5" and Mike is about 3x6" (I cut the scraps of bristol so they're not uniform in size. I reffed Craig from his video Smile and made up Mike but he does have a red shirt with a black star on it, so it's not all fictional. I like how close the liknesses are, considering I don't think I'm good at drawing real people this has proved me to be a bit wrong. Or at least I'm getting better. They're also both featured on my tumblr if you're the re-blogging type. My drawings of them: Craig on Tumblr - Mike on Tumblr


Other:
 Commission Rates
100 Days on Facebook
My YouTube

1 comment:

  1. I hate laundry day too. But I love your depiction of hating it!

    Those pics came out really nice! I like them both, and the one of Craig showcases that yes, you definitely can do a more realistic style!

    ReplyDelete