Friday, October 7, 2011

June 12, 2011

Party Animals is a show that Matt Smith did the year or two prior before he was cast at the Doctor. It was about MPs and he was an MP Aid which was odd for his age. There was sex and drama and fighting and I enjoyed it's one season to be honest.It got me on board for him as the Doctor, quite different performances, much more restrained compared to how loud and playful the Doctor is, but each part commands a different performance.

GF Writer's Group is a thing started by my friend Will, the inaugural meeting went quite well and have been fun.

This sale was magical tomfoolery. And they did it again last week, I toss the extra into the freezer to maximize my spending.

And finally, I did enjoy Doctor - oh mother fucker! I meant 5, I think I kind of thought of the Specials (the last thing I mentioned in comic) as  season 5 or I'm thinking about Season 6 in general. I have to fix this page before I continue on, here's to me not printing it wrong in the future. Well, if I do a print run, I will re-scan everything and adjust the values so print differently in greyscale, a single greyscale and not this combined greyscale.

Threadless tee: Stupid raisins, stay out of my cookies
Things of Interest
This weekend is Fall Break and I've been a busy student this past week. I'm looking forward to sleeping, relaxing and spending a day up in DC.

Warm Ups and Other Art
I don't have any other sketches today, but I can share a shitty cell phone picture of a print I pulled!

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom you can see the original sketch and it's progression from sketch to final pulled print. It's pretty cool, imo. They're all cell phone photos, but at different sizes. The first one at the bottom is about  3X5" and the final print is 11X22"

The print is inspired by a Face card from a regular deck of cards. I really like how the prints look. Carving my pine block was not the easiest thing in the world to do, but the final looks pretty sick. Soon I'll scan and post that to give a better look at the complete design, and then I'll post it again flipped to better understand both halves.

--
Watch this! Talk by Mike Lombardo - and read it's inspiration. I quite enjoy this piece, it kind of makes me just want to dance.

Other:
**NEW!!!** Commission Rates on dA**new**
100 Days on Facebook
My YouTube

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good day! Yay for cool TV shows, writing group, and awesome sale!

    That is such a cool print! Nifty idea and it came out well.

    ReplyDelete