Tuesday, November 23, 2010

July 22


Notes:Hey, another borjo comic! Rock on! This is the by the counter in the coffee shop.

The Aristocrats for those who don't know is a documentary about a filthy joke comedians would tell each other. It's raunchy and silly. It gets overbearing so I only watch it once every few years so I still get a kick out of it when I see it. This documentary is also key in introducing me to THINKFilm, a small production company that features films that challenge normal conventions. I have enjoyed the films they've released that I've seen.

For Josie's birthday I made my own versions of the 'READ' posters libraries have, except they say 'DEAR' because I forgot they actually said 'READ' but that's okay. I drew them for the four main characters from Cinema, a comic in the making, but each character was reading something key to their personality, and their imagination and personality showed in the drawings. I never scanned them so I can't show you what they looked like, but I do like how they came out.

--

In recent news, I did very little today. I raged against Black Friday and wrote a note on facebook pimping donations, blood, bone marrow and money to worthy causes, Do Something Great This Winter There are many, many other great causes out there, here are a few that I like and wanted to share.

I would like to give a shout out thanks to Kitting Love Chaos for linking my blog.

Commission Rates on dA

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I like the expressions in this one.

    Boo for Black Friday, nice idea for alternatives. Me and family and friends are actually having our Thanksgiving dinner that day because I don't get home til late on Thursday night, so no shopping for us! Not like we ever do that day.

    ReplyDelete