Monday, November 8, 2010
July 11
Notes: Umm, I have a caffeine headache, it hasn't kicked in yet, boo. This was a pretty great time, my second time playing mahjong.Learn how to play a real version of it, it's so much more fun than the solitaire version on the computer. A Shanghai mahjong, for any who have played, is different because it can be played with fewer than 4 people, and winds, dragons, and seasons are not about of the deck. There are others, but I don't remember them right now, I also haven't played in a few weeks, that needs to be rectified...
Note Pete's stumpy hand, I wish I had drawn it properly. Also those tiles, I spent so much time making sure they looked right and there were a roughishly correct number of tiles, at least in front of Pete, the playing deck is about 15-30 pieces short. Oh-friggin'-well. I really like how my expression came out here, it works out perfectly. Rotini as a substitution for macaroni, it worked out deliciously.
I saw RED this weekend, it was pretty great. I loved it. I read the trade and loved it. One of the differences that I like how they worked out in the movie was the traveling, it kind of reminded me of Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis, the same who wrote the comic Red that was based on. The fine folks from Whitechapel know this already, but go out and read what Mr. Ellis writes, it's fantastic. Always an interesting concept and I'm intrigued as to where he goes with what he writes, and it's all just plain enjoyable.
Here's a secret for people who don't know me irl, the jacket that is seen in most of these comics is not plain, nor is it light colored, it's a camo jacket I bought from Goodwill last summer. I hate shading camo and I couldn't be arsed to paste the pattern in every comic, so I left it blank. If I ever print this I might go back and shade the jacket, I don't know. Would anyone be interested in buying this if I printed it? I think I'd do it as minis, 25 pages each, and maybe some extra sketches or something so each book is an even thirty. Any takers?
Lastly, thank you to everyone who checks out the comics, whether it's your first day or you're a returning reader. I appreciate it, you're mostly silent, but seeing the site stats encourage me, and every now and again when people tell me they're reading it, it cheers me up, I feel less like I'm talking to no one.
Commission Rates on dA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Looks like fun! I like your faces in this one.
ReplyDelete