Monday, November 22, 2010
July 21
Notes:RAEG! Value scale freakin' sucks. Oh god, this thing. I ended up with something like...180-213 swatches when I was done. Then I had to organize them. It was horridly tedious. If I actually looked this relaxed painting them I was possibly listening to a podcast, chances are I wasn't, unless this is the day I stayed late to keep working.
I am not proud of that hand, the left one, not in the least. I don't know what it looks like, but those aren't fingers.
----
This weekend was not my most positive. I went in and out of being depressed which is never fun. Friday was pretty great, I spent my day finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon, it is a fictional story about these two cousins who got into comics in 1939 and progresses over the next few years. It touches on the decency trials that happened in the '50s, I consider it a great read for any in the comics industry to get a taste of the history of comics. I loved the book, I powered through 350 pages in 9 hours, it was bananas. Saturday was the usual, I went to class. I lunched at Pasha Mezze and went to see Due Date at MacArthur mall. Leaving the mall was terrifying because there were sheriffs and cops everywhere just yelling at people. It took me 30 minutes to drive what's normally only a 10 minute drive. There was the Parade of Illumination or whatever Norfolk calls it when the buildings downtown get lit and there's a parade. I didn't know what was going on, I thought there was an accident, it was ridiculous. I had dinner out then hung out int he apartment watching Bored to Death and It's Always Sunny in Philadephia S5. Sunday I did very little.
Commission Rates on dA
Labels:
class,
class room,
color theory,
July,
painting,
public,
train hat,
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, color theory seems like a dull class. Or at least those assignments seem excruciating. But yay for this picture of you, I like how it came out.
ReplyDelete