Monday, October 25, 2010

July 1


Notes: Oh my god, Nathaniel was so much fun to play with! And we're moving into July! Yaaay!! Wait...I'm still behind on inking this... time to buckle down to stay ahead!

And we're two panels today! Aww yeah! So, George E. Ohr is who I meant, it's more a giant mustachio, but that just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as 'Crazy Giant Beard'...That was fun. As was being the one to play Mah-na Mah-na for a kid for the first time. For shits an giggles, here's a link to Mahna Mahna on youtube. Enjoy. Also, Wikipedia, school yoself on this song and what it was originally created for. Fun distraction, :ahem: back to what I was talking about, today's comic...

On the bottom we see me eating, but not preparing this meal,. It's not written as small as it was before, but I'm going to transcribe it just in case...

Quoina - follow directions on package. It's pretty simple, like most grains for preparation. I added some salt to taste.

For the Sausage or kielbasa: In a large skillet brown onions, bell pepper and garlic. I like adding salt and pepper at this stage. Add cut sausage to about 1/2" thick, and add to pan. Season wit Goya sazon seasoning, garlic and onion powder, basil and parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, paprika and anything else you may want. Cook until the meat has browned, maybe even blackened a bit. Medium to medium-high heat works fine. This should only take about 30 minutes to cook.

Plate quoina first then top with meat.

Optional alternatives include adding a can of tomato paste to the meat when cooking. Bon appetite!
---

In recent news I have been filling any and all time I have by watching Freaks and Geeks no lie. The Yearbok package was worth my money, I'm quite happy with this purchase.

If you're in the Hampton Roads area go check out the ODU Theater production of Little Shop of Horrors, it play Thursday-Saturday night. It was a great show, I saw it this past Saturday and loved it. Everyone had a gave a wonderful performance, I'm thinking about seeing it again, time permitting.

If you missed it this weekend, I continued with a Webcomic Weekend with a post about Johnny Wander, check it out.

I think that's everything. I had an interesting weekend. Friday's Survive Norfolk was fun and I hope it goes on again next year, but with better organization. It was bigger then planned, but there's a president now, things can be better planned for if this becomes an annual thing, which I hope it does. If you're in the area, hit up the Naro this weekend for Zombieland Friday night, I'm planning on going because I haven't seen it.

I think this may be my rant with the most links...and the longest positive rant...cheers...I guess? See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment