Monday, February 21, 2011

September 7


Notes:This room sucked. It was only big enough to seat 22, there were 27 of us, 28 counting Hannah the teacher, and for some idiotic reason whoever was in charge of room assignments wouldn't give us a bigger room. We eventually switched rooms with a small French class across the hall, but it was ridiculous.  I also use this comic to give shout out to Hannah's Rhetoric of the Graphic Novel! Great class, too bad it was the only time it was given, but never fear, Hannah is braving other rhetorical waters this fall with the Rhetoric of Rap, it's under English classes if you're so inclined.

Another shout out, hate hate hate hate! Check it out, you haters.

This Saturday my friend Dr. Bryan Fine MD who's appeared in the comic twice performed at the Norva downtown, so I took some photos. Here they are on flickr.  It was a fun evening, and my first time at the Norva.

I've somehow caught a head cold, I did document what it felt like in simple comic form, with alternatives to today's layout.
Yes, I feel like I was hit by a brick. It sucks.

And I doodled my goaticorn guy and his friend enjoying breakfast, enjoy some shitting greyscale over the image.
The friend has no name yet, the goaticorn I've been thinking about naming him Lawrence, or Nigel. I'm trying not to name the helmet mute Thomas, and yes, his mask is inspired by Daft Punk, I'm not going to lie. He's pouring his coffee into his hand because that where his mouths are, he has two, one in each hand. I'll get all of these guy's doodles up online sometime soon.

And now that my sweatshirt is liberally covered in mucus I'm heading home,  taking some wal-phed (walgreens brand pseudoephedrine), eating something, and taking some Tussin (walgreens brand robotussin) and praying I can beat this brick-cold out of my face, I'm tired of dripping fluids and sneezing and in general being a disgusting petri-dish of bacterial growth. Yech, it's been a long time since I've gotten sick and needed cold stuff.

Commission Rates on dA
100 Days on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I like how I can only see your hat in that crowd!!!

    I like the goaticorn and his friend, they seem cool.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i remember that classroom (twas not long ago) i gotta say, that class, though it never reached full potential, was a source of great inspiration!
    p.s. thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete