Tuesday, February 22, 2011

September 8


Notes:So exciting, less so the comic, but tomorrow's the last post for the 2010 round of the comics.  I think I'll post something on Thursday or maybe next week, time and energy depending, a retrospective of sorts. I dunno yet.

About today's page, this happened periodically, I'll go to be tired as all hell at midnight only to wake at 3 or so groggy, but unable to get back to sleep. Sometimes I do just stay up, sometimes I stay up for a short period of time (around an hour) before being able to fall back to sleep. It's different every time.

So in today's comic there's a bit of art on the wall that wasn't on the wall in earlier comics. Some of it wasn't up, others I think I just didn't want to draw them. So, starting from the left is this image of Icarus and Leopold, their world doesn't have a complete story, but that's alright. Next to them is an ad for Alan Moore's Neonomicon comic, I got the mini poster when I bought FreakAngels. It's not that image on the poster, but whatevs. The strip on my wall is an original Girls With Slingshots strip, I picked it up last year when Danielle did a sale. Go read the entire comic, it's entertaining and very sex positive for women. It's also encouraging about safe sex for all! It's not all about sex, it's about life, relationships, friendships and a talking cactus. The smaller two prints, and the part of a third are from Three Panel Soul (each word is a different link). 3PS is about life and video games, it's an auto-bio comic by the dudes who did MacHall so many years ago. MacHall was an influence for me when I was in high school, even now elements of that style can be seen in things I doodle. Honestly, between MH and AG, I don't remember which I read first, but I did enjoy each and was influenced by each.

Everything behind me was drawn from memory, which is faulty, but they're not too far off.

--

In recent news, my face is still disgusting. I have seen all 25 episodes of the first season of Community and I loved it, I watched the commentary for every episode because they're there. And I love commentary. I laughed out loud at different things from the show and I look forward to purchasing the second season when it's on DVD this fall. I've started reading True Grit by Charles Portis, I'm reading it in Hailee Steinfield's voice, and Jeff Bridges where appropriate. I just got to LeBoeuf and that will probably be read in Matt Damon's voice. Currently I still like the 2010 movie more than the 1969, I'll do a fair write up of both movies compared to the book when I'm done with the book. Either I latched on to the 2010 movie more, or the 1969 was forgettable for me, but as I'm reading I'm remembering more of the staging and actions from the 2020 flick then I am from the 1969. I don't know if I feel like paying to re-rent the 1969 movie or just keep my first impression when I write my review. But seriously, I remember aspects of the 2010 movie much more and much easier. I should be done with the book in about 2 weeks, work depending.

Well, time to take my nasty face home, eat some soup and finish my homework before going to sleep. Upside, since I purchased the ricola cough drops, wal-phed and the tussin, I feel better today then I did yesterday. And I think I'm a little less gross.

--

Today's extra art-doodle is Alphabet, Smyth and Davey in early 20th century period clothing, because I love drawing then in anachronistic garb.

 Alphabet, at the top, was supposed to be skidding to a stop, I got lazy half way through and wanted to draw Davey as a refined gentleman so she's not really detailed. All of them here are about 12-13 years old. At the bottom wearing a top hat and a very short coat is Davey, he'd be a mobster, he would never be a real member of the aristocracy. On the left really not looking right is Smyth, he's a fan of Westerns and would either be in steampunk garb of western garb. Seeing as how Alphabet is a street urchin, Davey looks like an aristocrat, I decided to draw Smyth like a cowboy. Somewhere I have a sketch of Sephy as a high class Victorian lady.Sephy wouldn't wear knickers like Alpha, she's not as much a fan of pants and men's clothing.

There you have it. See you all tomorrow for the last 100Days comic until this September! Should I not be hellishly far behind, the first comic should go live on the 12th, we'll see.
Commission Rates on dA
100 Days on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about that waking up feeling blah but not being able to go back to sleep, did that last night. Today's page looks good.

    Yay GWS! Nice that you have an original strip.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    Cute sketches, I do like the garb and style!

    ReplyDelete