UPDATE!!!6:10pm Thursday
So I decided to rage-quit on my evening. I only just really ate for the first time in 24 hours about 30 minutes ago, I have one comic finished but not the other 2 I'd need for this week to stay together, so I'm pushing them back until Monday, so no comic on Friday. I have to spend much of Friday working on a painting, I have class on Saturday and I still barely have the time to rest because I have to do my English homework.
It wasn't Tuesday being Hourly Comic Day to throw me off schedule, it was my inability to balance what needed to be accomplished for everything between classes and my personal life. Then I was tired, stressed, cold and hungry. I'm limping, I wasn't joking on Tuesday's comic when I said I was limping and hobbling places, I'm in pain. I need to go to the clinic to get a pain killer and an antibiotic, I haven't felt like it, then I didn't have the time, hopefully next week will be a bit more relaxed.
Check out these Hourlies I liked
Chris Fairless, Cambrige, UK
Joe Hunter, Ohio
Tillie Sain, New York, NY
John Campbell, Chicago, Il
Jess Fink, Troy, NY
Renee Basham, Perth, Australia
Anthony Clark, Indianapolis, IN
Raina Telgemeier, New York, NY
Colleen MacIssac, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jam, Vancouver, BC
Mikey Heller, Rochester, NY
(Not so) Secret-y Secret: If you check out my profile, I've changed my profile image, it makes me giggle
---
So, I put off painting work on Monday for my sanity, so I came in on Wednesday night to work, the two comics I promised will be going up a few hours later then planned. Considering you got 18 comics that took a combined 6 hours, you're winning out. I'll get these scanned as soon as I can in the morning, I'll work on them instead of going to sleep as soon as possible. I sacrifice sleeping and eating for my craft. So dedicated, delayed, wonderful and terrible at the same time.
And I was kicked out of the building...I didn't realize it did 'close' which is shit. Smell ya' later. (I was thinking about the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
Thursday, Noonish update
Everything about everything seems to hate me right now so I haven't had the time to finish the comics. One's fully pencilled, the other is still roughs. They don't take me long, I've just been rushing from one thing to the next so I haven't been able to devote my full attention to the comics. I've been trying to be responsible and do my work for classes, but it's all kicking my ass. I really don't want to have to push back the comics because the last time I counted through the pages to days I should be finished on the 18th, which I like because it's a Friday. I really don't want to have push one comic to the following Monday, it seems like a weird non-cliff hanger.
This has just been a hellish week for me it seems.
Notes:
Commission Rates on dA
100 Days on Facebook
I hope things get less hellish soon!
ReplyDeleteI don't hate you! Smile, and don't forget to breathe.
ReplyDelete