Tuesday, February 1, 2011

August 27


Notes:Giant eyed Brian makes this page that much more amazing and as far as I'm concerned compensates for the wonky perspective. It's also the feathered hair, hilarious. This is not the first thing I drew for this page, but I pretty much just re-drew the original sketch better. Man, this is like a surrealist perspective, I guess it works out that we're all diminutive...

The story goes that it was around closing time and I was sitting with Carrie just chit-chatting. I believe this is one of our first conversations. Yes, Carrie was chatting with me in yesterday's page, but that's not the point, we barely knew each other at this point in time. So, we're chatting and Brian decides he's going to throw a two day old bagel to Carrie. Brian throws things at people all the time, and misses unless it's something that hurts. Well, his judgement was a fair bit off this evening and he ended up hitting me on the top of my head with a bagel.

I was not expecting it. Seriously, it was not pleasant. Brian was so apologetic, I was irritated, but kind of ultimately amused, which happens periodically. I told him that's what happens when he just throws crap around.

So, Zen this night, I really don't remember much other than I didn't care much for the band. Nothing else to report.

I guess, also art wise, I like the corners on my clothing. If you look carefully I've inked other edges and corners in that fashion, it's how I've inked things like that for years, but I really like how my jacket cuffs look here.
--

In recent news, homework. Homework and stress because things have taken more time than I anticipated. Joy. So, I'm forgoing sleep so I'm prepared for my creative writing class. And today's Hourly Comic Day! Mine will be full of me fretting over this and that, and probably doing homework! Riveting, my life, isn't it.

Oh, thinking about how (not) riveting my life is, I've collected all of the comics together for the first time since I started scanning them, I forgot how impressive they all are together when I can hold them. I mean, they're nice online, but holding them bound in their sketchbook/journal is just so damn nice. This is the notebook that I drew these in, it is only 5X7" big, that makes it a little bit bigger than your hand if your fingers are splayed. Okay, it's 6X7", but when you take into account the spirals and that I boarder every page it's smaller. I think when it's all done I'll take some photos so you can see just how daunting this actually was... It's been a fun project and rock on to my friends who've told me I inspired them.

Hopefully I'll have something happier to say in tomorrow's rant space, I mean, in general more positive. I wasn't negative today, but maybe something good will happen tomorrow and I can talk about that.

Ciao!
Commission Rates on dA
100 Days on Facebook

2 comments: