Monday, January 31, 2011

August 26


Notes: Salutations! Another day in Borjo, my favorite place. Another night of Bryan Fine's entertainment, between music and banter, it's a pretty great time. I forgot just how creepy Google is... That girl I'm chatting with is supposed to be Carrie, but it doesn't look like her in the least. I ought to say it's a generic person, but I was rushing to get this page finished. I know, I'm terrible. I also don't remember what was on the wall in August, so blank canvases it is!

So, I have a story of a weekend. Friday I did nothing special, class then I took some photos for class, I'll share those in a few weeks once I've edited them. I'll post the 5 finals for class, and the others I took because I like them. I took myself out that evening to see The King's Speech and it was as fantastic as I'd heard it would be. Lovely, lovely movie.

Saturday I went to painting, my boxes are looking like boxes again. Really nothing special to say about them. I spent all day Saturday with anticipation for Jay and Tatum's Last Hurrah, they're moving away soon and Jesse threw/hosted them a bash to remember. I might post the images on flickr to link here, I don't know yet. Jay and Tatum are two fantasticly lovely people. I may not have known them as long as other people have but they were always friendly and awesome. They were a part of the 'welcome wagon' for me when I first started hanging out with more of the denizens of Ghent. I was drunk and it was all pretty great.

Sunday I did my usual post-drinking thing where I don't sleep. I mean, I slept, but I never sleep much longer than 6 or 7 hours. Many people I know fall asleep at 3 am and don't generally wake up at 10 the following morning, but I do. Sunday was a lazy day. I posted party photos, well over 400 images, that took a while which was fine because I was lazy. I started off outside the apartment leaving my phone, which I've done before. I shrugged it off and hung out at Borjo for a while. I went over more of a story for creative writing and took a short break from that to transcribe my story for class until my laptop's battery died.I finished today's comic then took myself out to dinner at A.W. Shucks where I promptly locked my keys inside the car, in the ignition. Yup. No phone and I locked my key's in the ignition. I sighed, resigned to my fate to pay for a locksmith and ate a delicious tomato crab chowder, I don't know why they don't call it New York clam chowder, but to each their own. The locksmith arrived only a few minutes after I was done with dinner, so timing was pretty good. He got the car open in short order and I was able to mosey on to ODU where I scanned today's comic.

Whew, busy weekend, for serious. I've also been busy on facebook approving photo tags. Over 400 photos, I didn't spend too much time tagging people earlier. I tagged people I could once per album, it's spread out over three albums, and they're my only albums which are open to Friends-of-Friends, that way people could see their photos. I've made more Facebook friends because of this, it's insanity, but the pleasant type.

And with that I wish you a good day, time to finish editing this story for class and working on my own story a bit so I have a good first draft for class. Well, it'll be more like a third draft maybe, I'm contemplating re-writing it in the third person because 2 stories from this week were in the first person. I may also keep my personal challenge to write a story that is well rounded and in the first person. I tend to write in the third person so this was playing around and testing the first person. We'll see how I feel when I get to really editing it, I'm still working on a rough edit as I fix inconsistencies and change names as I type up what I've written so far.

Happy pre-Hourly Comic Day! I'll make sure I get those scanned to post on Wednesday!
Here, take some new doodles!

Commission Rates on dA
100 Days on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment