Tuesday, December 14, 2010

August 4


Notes: Hey! Some possibly recognizable faces! Actually...probably not.... To my right is Matt H., Jon H.'s younger brother, across from me is Jon rocking an awesome mohawk and next to Jon is Matt B with the most amazing beard.  I think I drew the beard to December proportions here, but that's okay. Also, there are a lot of things I'd fix, I wish I'd taken more time on this page. I think this is one I rushed when I inked it.

Scott Pilgrim was great a second time and this was also my second time going to Doumar's, the first being my freshman year...3 years ago... This page was alright to draw it was a good day so it's all good.

--

So, Sunday night, the reason why yesterday's comic redux was late...Alt Daily organized Funktion One which was a party/event at 37th and Zen to raise donations and awareness to the homeless situation in Norfolk. Everything was hella fun. I even went out on a limb and drew portraits for people for donations. I got two, but I think I'll try it again in the future at other AD events. Jay and Tatum were cool about me doing it which helped. I hope the next time I go for drawing portraits I get more, but it was a good evening. I made some new friends and got to see some summer friends for the first time since like.. September, classes have killed free time for everyone so it was a great night. I look forward to seeing some of you tonight at the Naro where Long Division, The River James Music and Musicplayer are playing. If you're around, come hang out, that's at 7 tonight. $10 to get it, but it should be great.


Commission Rates on dA

I am sorry to announce that for the duration of my winter break the comic will only update Tuesday and Thursday with new pages. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I will be posting something else, something special. I don't think I'll have dedicated access to a scanner over break, but I will try to have enough comics so there's less of a jarring difference over break. One week after classes start up again and I can finagle some scanner time, I'll get the rest of the comic up, no worries!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, busy day! I like Jon's mowhawk and Matt's beard.

    Sunday night sounds like it was awesome, very nice cause and it's cool that you drew for donations!

    ReplyDelete