Wednesday, December 8, 2010

August 1


Notes:Are you tired of me talking about Craig Thompson yet? I meant to go back to this page and draw faux panels on the open pages, if/when this goes to print, I'll fix that before then.

Thankfully I'm getting to the end of my pages with idiotic lettering. If/When I publish this I might re-hand letter every page, combine the two elements in photoshop so it looks more or less seamless.


This is the One Hour Scribble I spoke about in the comic. I feel as if I'm terrible at digital work, so I keep doing things like this. My line work is lacking a lot, but my coloring sucks a bit less, if that says anything.  Coffee and Cigarettes by Jim Jarmusch was an interesting flick, and Jarmusch does have some amazing wooshy hair. Jonathan Ames described it perfectly in an episode of Bored to Death from Season 1, but seriously, great hair. :ahem: I loved Dragon Tattoo and Blankets seriously was a great read after it. I needed something like Blankets. Then again, everything I read is inspiration in the long run, Blankets in a way contributed to this comic, but I guess more so to my future comics that have a different point all together.


I really don't have much to say about this page. Today was classes, like usual. I have some interesting opportunities, it's always weird that the semester is wrapping up, I'm actually sad that some of my classes are ending already. I'm not going to link to it, but if you check out my main blog, Life Marred, accessible from my profile, you'll see the opportunities that I'm terrified of. Yeah... Big things are happening.


Commission Rates on dA

I am sorry to announce that for the duration of my winter break the comic will only update Tuesday and Thursday with new pages. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I will be posting something else, something special. I don't think I'll have dedicated access to a scanner over break, but I will try to have enough comics so there's less of a jarring difference over break. One week after classes start up again and I can finagle some scanner time, I'll get the rest of the comic up, no worries!

1 comment: