SPECIAL!: check out this link YouTube On The Rise and vote for PineappleBoyFilms, they do Platoon of Power Squadron, which I possibly talk about later on in the comic when I (watch it) but help them get featured on the front page of YouTube they deserve it!
Threadless Tee: Partially Hungry Skies
It was a mildly productive day with a few errors. On my bra in panel 4 is a paint stain from a few years ago, it's latex paint and won't ever wash out (If you've seen my painted cargo pants, it happened the same day) the paint's on the wrong boob... And I was at a different coffeeshop when panel 6 rolled around and did not pay enough attention to my notes when I penciled this page.
Blankets by Craig Thompson is a fantastic comic, go read it. Now. Go to Local Heroes or whatever your local shop is drop the money and buy it. And his new book Habibi. I haven't read Habibi and I know it'll be great. Thompson's work is amazing and I envy his patients and the amount of detail he puts on every page. (Look at all this friggin' gorgeous! Everywhere, it's gorgeous!)
Before today's sketched (2, you're so lucky today! so much extra stuff!) some songs I've been digging on recently. The bands/performer also but here are some specific songs I've really been rolling in, in an audio fashion, for the past few months/weeks/days. This being me, few of them can be considered 'current' or 'popular' and most are indie...because that's how I roll.That said, these songs are pretty much some of the only things I want to listen to.
He's A Rebel - The Crystals
Caroline and This Time Tomorrow - Mike Lombardo
The Damned and Guerillas from the Oni Press Mixtape, So Spectacular, Chew Harder, Call Me Johnny Wander, Science Makes the World Go 'Round- Adam Warrock (all of these are for free download)
D.A.N.C.E. Remix and Danger w/ Damon Elliott by (George) Watsky (this album is a free download)
Legends of Archery, Bike, He Plans Houses Like Trees - Driftless Pony Club
The Sound of Drums, Mr. Pond, Nightmares - Chameleon Circuit
This is only a taste of some of what I've been listening to recently. My Last.FM tells you more, check out my charts for the last 3 months for a more accurate depiction of some of my most played artists and tracks.
Yup, I like music. This barely constitutes what I'll listen to an in hour. So, onto some drawings!
Today at my writer's group Davey and Sarah's cat, Salinger, did this and I said this. Because it was funny. Hey, a different outfit! This is pretty much my cold weather costume: sweat shirt, camo cargos, tee shirt, changing hat. Seriously though, this isn't a euphemism for anything, it was a horrible joke that everyone near a cat has made since pussy became a euphemism for vagina. I said it, vagina. And I'll say penis too! NEH!!!
I am actually really proud of how well this came out. There's a list on LIFE of some of the most popular hair styles from the 20th Century, so I decided to draw it because too many people I draw have the same boring hair styles. Then again, on a day to day basis, most people don't do a whole lot with their hair because that's just tiresome. With Wednesday's post I'll show you the other ten and I'll link to the photo set that LIFE had done that I used as a reference.
Well, you've gotten to see a lot of my artwork today and some of what I've been diggin' on for the past bunch of time. Yeah, that's it, pretty much. See you Wednesday!
100 Days on Facebook



Plan of ACTION! Yay! Also haha at paintstained bra.
ReplyDeleteHeheh, the "I've got pussy" pic is cute and amusing.
The hairstyles came out quite nicely!