This is a roaring start to a new 100 comics! This also happens to be a shit scan because I wasn't able to use the good art building scanner and was stuck with a poopy one in Webb.
--
So, a few quick personal updates: I'm behind so updates will be 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, until I can put in the time to build a proper buffer. These pages are larger and greyscaling takes much longer than hatching does, so the extra time for me is worth it for you. This actually was greyscaled, the scanner is that far off that the Warm Grey I used scanned as brown and my jacket looks like shares of grey. The shit is blue so the fact that it actually looks grey is perfect. I tested this in black and white and it looks too muddy, but honestly, a lot of these values were really close together, but the page looks a million times better in my hand.
Important thing 2: My laptop is broken indefinitely because I, like many students, am still waiting on my financial aid, which means I get to spend a lot of time in the computer labs on campus to get things done that I'd normally be doing at home. I am not happy about this predicament. I dropped it and it broke this time, hopefully I can get it repaired and I won't have to just replace it.
So far my classes are fine and I have a ton of work, so building a buffer may be difficult, but I don't want to drag out posting these, but if I can't get them uploaded any faster than thems the breaks.
Another thing: (Importance is relative) I've recently been posting vlogs and short drawing videos on youtube. Until my laptop's fixed I'll be on a hiatus from posting videos, relatively few places to edit and I don't want to sit in the labs on campus for the 3 hours they tend to take. And no music here for my time lapse or drawing videos so I really can't post much. I'm hoping I get a functioning computer again soon so I can get back to posting. And keeping up with my subscriptions from home and not having to watch them from campus computers.
:whew: I hope you all have had a good few months, I last posted a comic back in...February or March so it's been a bit of time. I'll be posting warm ups, sketches, doodles and things below, if you follow me on tumblr then you've seen some of these pieces over the summer, but now they're getting pretty scans and not just crappy cellphone photos. With my computer being out of commission I'm going to be a lot quieter on tumblr until I have constant computer access again. I won't be completely silent, I just won't be as active and posting as much as I normally do.
I hope you enjoy Hipster Batman from earlier this summer, I'm going to watch a few videos then probably hunt for some food. (note: typed at 8pm Sunday)
Notes:
Commission Rates on dA
100 Days on Facebook


No comments:
Post a Comment